2015年12月4日星期五

I sewed my wedding dress itself

Alaa Sandor has sewn the dress for the best day of their lives themselves. At this challenge it has grown - and the result has become stunningly beautiful.

 

Brides can be quite strange. For months, they deal with the planning of a single day, make appointments with florists, event venues, confectioners and not least bridal shops. As an outsider, you can find these eternal discussions on Wedding decisions certainly something strange, perhaps even self-indulgent and superficial. Tinker costs, try on and fall in love with color schemes - needs a strong woman of today something?

But it is precisely the small, beautiful things of life myself several held in difficult times afloat. So what would make it seem unlikely to enjoy the wedding planning to the fullest and to live? When it became clear that my fiance and I would celebrate our wedding next year, and therefore I turned into a kind of "Bridezilla".

In fiscal my ivory Monster were put over

I asked two of my best friends, if they want to accompany me into the city to try on wedding dresses. Soon I was standing in my underwear and a white petticoat with sewn "hula hoop", in a spacious dressing room and let me put it over her head ivory monsters while I was forbidden to touch anything.

I had previously described the direction in which it should go: simple elegance without glitter, but please fashioned in full lace and cut. What I did not want: sweeping skirts, silk (I'm vegan) and strapless. My bridal consultant laced me tightly or fortified large brackets in the back to morph me sexy. Before that I should exhale - you know why. Who wants to have a small waist, must learn to get "decent" air. The skirts were a little further than desired and there were almost only topless. Nevertheless, very nice robes were there. I had a pin-up hourglass figure, my girlfriends and I quarreled melted away.

My favorite dress was but a little bit more pompous than I had originally planned it, but was a great deal (since last year): Changes with 1,200 euros. "Very high quality top", I was told. Somehow seeing the materials but from entirely synthetic. But above all, I felt it as a 16-year-old, who was waiting for her prince. However, I was long gone.

A bridal dress designed by you sew? What a crazy idea

 

It would be so easy and would go so fast, so buy a part. The price was, compared to other models, really human - for me but still much too high. And I had so another crazy idea in mind: himself sew.

"Sew wedding dress himself - who does that nowadays still?" stood in my Brigitte wedding planner. Also, I had perhaps sewed 15 years ago, Burda model under the supervision of my mother, but since then rather just things like cotton bags and cushion covers. And the rather rare.

I returned indecisive and admittedly somewhat frustrated back home.

A few weeks later I saw a procession and order Fabric me at "Etsy". It reassured me that I in case of failure even had the time to look for used clothes out. But a little voice told me: "Is first threaded the yarn, you'll bring that champagne-colored dream even to the end!"

So I put los raring to go. But wait, what was that again with the hidden zipper? Luckily, there are online tutorials that explain the secrets of a CoutureDesigns step by step. I sewed a dress rehearsal of affordable muslin and climbed a dozen times in the careful with needles studded part to fit perfectly to my character. Somewhat uncertain I sent snapshots via WhatsApp on my girlfriends.

Made with love - that feeling can not be bought

A little later the beautiful Alencon lace was from California on my hardwood floors and I had quite a respect for it, cut into the newly purchased, sharp scissors in it. Surprisingly, I found working with the great material but so satisfying that I concentrated on every detail made me. As the main seams were finished, I tried my construct and knew: Here's inside so much dedication - I can give in no other dress my husband tied the knot!

Many hours of work followed, although I hesitate to refer to this time as "working time". Maybe house elves were at work - I made very few mistakes. Time stands still in a magical way, if you attached a long string of pearls buttons on the back of a self-made dress. I made yet on a light blue petticoat, without stiff tires. That was me. It suited me to make the invitations yourself, to decorate the glasses for the flowers themselves, and yes, to sew my outfit. Long before the do-it-yourself trend I had met feel they have mastered a challenge. Teach yourself something new and create with this knowledge something that no one else has - this feeling can not be bought.

The day on which I said "Yes" to my favorite people

 

On August 29, it was finally time. Friends came from far away to share unforgettable moments with us. They watched as we stood in front of the rose arch, a tree planted together and we ansteckten our rings. My wonderful friend Tinka made this personal ceremony even more touching by holding the free wedding. At weddings tears of joy and smiling faces are not uncommon, but compliments like "That was the most beautiful wedding I have ever experienced" or "sew you my wedding dress(princess wedding dresses) if it is so far from us?" let us not doubt its authenticity and honesty.

For others it's just a piece of clothing that one wears on one day. However, at the one day on which I announce my love and lifelong commitment to my favorite people! So for me it's a symbol of my self-image; I see me in our marriage. Therefore, it is not paid with bills, but made with love.

 

The dress accompanied us again on our honeymoon to Croatia. My Dearest took pictures while I climbed into the sea with Alencon lace. I thanked her inwardly for the great service it had done, and promised to release it soon to retire. In the shower of our apartment I washed out the salt water and then picked the remains of the forest from the mini-train. Now it is waiting in my closet it, perhaps even to become an heirloom.

Long since new projects are being planned. Significantly larger and more frightening, but also very exciting. In a few years I will again look back proudly and remember how with great courage and passion every wish can be fulfilled.

 

没有评论:

发表评论